Sunday, November 27, 2005

Deer in the high-lights

Today was a first, well - almost a first. As I was flying downhill doing about 45mph through a curve a deer ran out right in front of me. I was close enough to reach out and touch the damn animal. Luckily the deer managed to avoid me and it all ended before I really had much time to react. The whole thing was a bit comical, the thought of having to explain a "deer strike" on a bike to anyone made me smile. Other than that, I felt great today. Very good. Tomorrow marks the beginning of my first recovery week, like I said yesterday. I am having a rest day tomorrow, which will give me time to take care of a few items around the house. I might even peek my head in at my part-time job.

3 Comments:

Blogger iain said...

Hey mags, it sounds like you earned your 'rest' week. Keep up the blogging and stay flu free!

03:36  
Blogger Fritz said...

I nearly hit a big pack of mule deer this spring up in Estes Park, Colorado. Several years ago I had to stop for some bison while riding through the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma. I've had to dodge my share of killer squirrels and dogs, of course, along with the occasional stray child darting into the street. I don't recall hitting anything larger than a bug, however.

17:05  
Blogger mags said...

Yes, I enjoyed my rest day today. All I have on the program for tomorrow is a short and easy session in the weight room. I'm still illness free and happy. :)
I think that at some point my luck will run out and I'll hit something...

Mags

21:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home