Thursday, December 01, 2005

Still busy

I had planned my second rest day of my recovery week today and I'm glad I did. I've been running around since early this morning, achieving seemingly nothing. Tomorrow I'm back in the weight room, working primarily on leg press, leg curl and leg extensions. I plan to do a 60 minute run to warm up, which works out pretty good because that is about the time it takes me to run from home to the studio. Saturday marks a big day for me, at least in my mind. It's my first road test of the season and although my coach, DS and everybody else it seems, keeps telling me that whatever the results, I shouldn't worry - I do. I like to see progress, it gives me peace of mind. I haven't had my regular "lab-rat" session yet this season, but I will either before Christmas or shorthly afterwards. I suppose my numbers (max VO2, threshold power, lactate etc) will be ok though. Maybe even higher then last year. I'm more concerned about my road tests, since racing takes place out in the elements, not in a lab. Time will tell, I guess. I'll post my results on Saturday. Other then that - I'm trying to find out the exact details of the first training camp of the season and other logistical bits and pieces. I'm, as always, watching my weight this time of year, as the holiday season draws near. To everyone else I might seem thin (deadly thin?), but I'm still carrying 5-7 pounds extra on my upper body. I really don't want to add any more, since I got to get rid of it before May/June. If I would have to guess, I would say my body fat % is around 9-10 at the moment. My lower back has a little bit "jiggely" stuff, stuff that I don't want to be dragging uphill. My numbers will improve a lot once a loose the extra pounds. I just have to make sure I don't loose too much. Afterall, one of my main goals this pre-season is to improve power. Well, we'll see - hopefully it will all work out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim Jackson- Masi Guy said...

Good luck my friend. Achieving a good milestone early in the year always helps fuel the motivation. I hope the tests come out in your favor.

14:01  
Blogger Tim Jackson- Masi Guy said...

Mags,

Thank you for your comment on my blog today. I'll make a deal with you; if you ever get to San Diego or I ever get to Norway, we'll go fly fishing.

What do you think?

Continued luck with your training.

16:18  
Blogger mags said...

Tim,

Thank you for the encouragement. I appreciate it! I too hope that the test tomorrow gives me a "thumbs up". Oh, and yes, fly fishing sounds great! Best idea I've heard all week long.

16:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home