Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Respiratory Infection

Well, I'm permanently glued to the bed. I woke up this morning and felt more or less like a 90 year old man... I've got all the symptoms of a classic infection, which means complete rest today and another evaluation tomorrow.

If the fever and general feeling of complete exhaustion is gone tomorrow, I'll do an easy 45 minutes or so on the trainer. Hopefully I'll feel ok after that, so that I can follow up with another 60 minutes of easy riding on Thursday and 90 minutes at moderate intensity on Friday. But, the most important thing now will be to take one day at a time and listen to my body.

It's always frustrating to get sick, since it disrupts training. This is not, however, the worst time to get an RI. The important races of the season are still 6-7 months away and although this will set me back 3-6 days, it's still no crisis. Yet... :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

Yep, the most important thing is getting healthy first, then getting back to training. Trying to train when you're sick can just drag it out longer. At least that's been my experience.

19:51  
Blogger Tim Jackson- Masi Guy said...

"This too, shall pass..."

Now you have more time to read blogs and leave comments all over the globe. I almost envy you.

10:39  
Blogger mags said...

Yes, I have gotten better at listening to my body and not training when I'm sick. It's hard though, not to train. Very difficult, I struggle with the feeling if guilt.
Tim - Yes, I will be doing lots of blog reading and commenting. Especially on great blogs, like yours.

Mags

12:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home