Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Yurnings

That's it. I am now convinced my body and my brain are playing games with me. After half a day of eating, reading, napping and surfing the web - I suddenly feel great. Well, maybe not great, but at least a lot better than I did earlier today.

Of course, I've fallen into this trap before, oh yes. This is an old trick my body likes to play with me. Probably to get back at me for all those insane races I for some reason feel obligated to partake in. See, my body is trying to trick me into getting back on the bike today, so that I can wake up tomorrow feeling even worse than I did this morning. But I'm older and wiser now. That old trick will not work, not today.

I called home the other day, to talk with mom. As always she is wondering when her precious little boy will get a real job. I can't go on riding my bike forever, I must know that (?). Wouldn't it be easier and more secure to have a nice office job? I mean, if you read Les Woodland's "The crooked Path to Victory" it would seem as if only madmen race bikes. The tricky thing is, I really don't have a clear answer to that question. The only thing I know, is that I love training and I love competing. It's really as simple as that. I think.

I leave you with pictures of, what I think, is the greatest training area available. As always, thanks for stopping by and reading this blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger ashwinearl said...

Wow! That is amazing. Oh an my parents never understood my bicycling either. Even

15:40  
Blogger mags said...

The scenary is breath-taking, isn't it?

Mags

15:52  
Blogger Keith said...

Looks like a great place to live!

Don't give up full-time training for a desk job. Once you do that, you'll probably never be able to go back. Believe it or not, "desk jobs" aren't all that exciting anyway. ;)

20:01  
Blogger iain said...

Hey Mags. I'll swap you my job for your training, of course I'd need your heart and lungs too . You can have my beer gut in exchange ;-)
I

09:55  
Blogger mags said...

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't live close to nature. Big cities does not work for me, not at all. Training has become such a vital part of my life, that I would struggle to give it up.

Mags

13:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home