Friday, March 10, 2006

Intervals and James Bond

Well, my blogging has been very much a "hit and miss" thing lately. February and March have been very hectic, to say the least. Between making sure new gear is ready and getting quality training in, I've been completely drained. Things have been going very well on the training side and I feel like I'm improving every day. I've got about 6 weeks of higher volume and higher intensity left, before I enter "race mode".

I also feel I'm getting better at organizing each and every day, so that I'm not constantly thinking about training and racing. This is vital to avoid mental burn-out. What I've found helps a great deal, is to break everything up into 4 week blocks. I have set goals in terms of volume and quality for each period and as long as I'm meeting these goals I'm happy. It's not crucial that I have to follow a daily training plan like a slave. I try to listen to my body, watch the weather and make sure I get enough rest. In other words, I do have a daily plan but it's certainly changeable.

Right now, I'm busy watching an old, classic James Bond movie. Great way to relax. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jon said...

Good luck with your bid. Maybe see you there.

05:31  
Blogger mags said...

Jon,

I hope so. Interesting blog you have there.

Mags

11:57  
Blogger Tom Stormcrowe said...

Mags, just passing through to wish you well! I sincerely hope to watch you in the Olympics and I think I'll actually attend if you make it!

10:05  
Blogger mags said...

Tom,

Thanks a million. I hope (know?) I'll make it as well. Hey, nothing wrong with a bit aggressive thinking, right?

Mags

19:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home