Friday, April 21, 2006

Sunny skies

Ahh, there is nothing like the feeling of the sun warming your body after a long winter. This is my favorite time of the year, no doubt about it. The extreme summer temperature hasn't set in yet, but at least the snow is gone (?).

My daily routine still consists of fairly large volumes of training, at least another 2 weeks or so. But in between rides, I'm enjoying the French cuisine and countryside. The track bike arrived about 2 weeks ago and is great. As soon as I can get a new digital camera, I'm posting pictures. Apparently, most digital cameras don't do so well in water.... And they don't float....

I've done 2 road TT on the track bike, with fairly good results considering my training volume and recent spouts of illness. I am looking forward to letting up on the training though and actually arriving at events with fresh legs for a change. Right now I just keep telling myself that I'll reap the benefits later this summer.

Train hard and smart and the results will come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Phil said...

Glad to have you back Mags, this is also a good time to ride here in Oz....for exactly the opposite reason, it gets so hot here in the summer that it takes a lot out of your legs.

Autumn/winter is unbelievebly pleasant with very early morning temps at 10c so an undershirt and some arm/knee warmers are largely all you need.

Looking forward to seeing your pics and reading the race reports.

17:00  
Blogger mags said...

Phil,

One of these days (years?), I'm going to put the time aside and travel "down-under". It's very high on my list.

Mags

17:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home