Thursday, July 27, 2006

Easy times

Ah, the joy of home. Mom's home-cooking, Norwegian pastry and long, easy days. For us that do not ride the Tour - July can be a welcomed, slow period. For most of the time, I've been home on vacation and have ridden my bike surprisingly little. Physically, and even more importantly, mentally this sort of a break is very important for me.

Now don't get me wrong, I haven't been a complete couch-potato. I did train pretty much every day, but only to maintain my aerobic capacity and having fun was the number priority during each session. I did a lot of running/hiking and "nabbed" 10 mountain peaks above 1000 meters (3000-4000 feet).

I've only had a handful of days back on the bike, and as expected, my legs are a bit "slow" and heavy. Hopefully though, I should be back to normal within a couple of weeks. I'm going to be a bottle-carrier for the upcoming races anyways, so top form is not really required.

I hope everyone's training and racing is going well. As always, I welcome input and questions about training/racing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home