Monday, August 28, 2006

One of those days

Woke up this morning and before looking out of the window, I knew what was waiting out there for me... Lots and lots of cold rain. The weekly plan said 15 minutes of threshold intervals, repeated 5 times (15m x 5). I have to admit, it was really hard to force myself out there today.

After a longer than usual breakfast and, as my wife remarked, a very slow "pre-training" ritual - I finally got out there. The warm-up wasn't great, the start is always the worst in these conditions. But, as I started the first interval, I couldn't help smiling. Why? Because I knew this was going to be one of those days where my legs felt incredible. The whole session was absolutely great and the smile never disappeared.

It just goes to show - it's never as bad as you think it is. And hey, the coffee afterwards tastes so much better after a good, quality session like this. This one went into the training log under 1.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Phil said...

No question, half the battle some days is throwing a leg over the bike, once you're out it's all good sensations.

I can't recall the number of times I've had a big night out and gone out early in the morning for a ride thinking I'd have nothing in the legs but end up riding like a freight train.

15:40  
Blogger mags said...

Yeah, it's funny like that sometimes.

Mags

12:34  
Blogger Tim Jackson- Masi Guy said...

Some of my favorite rides/ races/ training sessions have been in very bad weather. There is something about knowing that you are doing something "special" in those conditions. I've done trainer sessions on my rollers in the driveway, in pouring rain, that have been some of the best workouts ever- not to mention great for freaking out the neighbors.

When you hit the zone, weather becomes irrelevant.

11:13  
Blogger mags said...

Tim,

Welcome back! On a trainer outside in the rain? THAT'S GREAT!!!!!

mags

13:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home