Wednesday, November 08, 2006

October review, November plan

Well, better late than never. :)

October turned out to be a great training month. I was able to execute everything as planned, while maintaining some extra energy. The "important" sessions (I-3 and I-4) all got a 1. Rating in my log.

The plan for November was to build on the gains realized in October. Still a heavy emphasis on threshold intervals (I-3) and 1 I-4 distance session a week (25 minute). In other words, I've got 3 interval sessions scheduled a week this month, 2 I-3 and 1-4. This will allow me to build threshold ability, while maintaining and moving AT with the I-4 session.

The rest of the sessions are I-1 and I-2 sessions, giving a total amount of hours for November around 70-75. So, still a gentle, slow but steady build. The periodization is a steady increase in weekly hours and training load for the first 3 weeks, with a recovery week at the end. In addition to the bike specific training, I also have 3 core strength sessions planned a week, as usual.

So, that was the plan. But, like all great plans..... You know how it goes. As the first of November rolled around, so did a nasty cold. I only trained 10 hours in the first week of November and as a result I'm far behind my plan. I'm not panicking, but I'm certainly not happy either. I tend to get pretty "grumpy" when I can't train as planned.

I haven't trained since Sunday and will take today and tomorrow off. Hopefully I'll be back in shape by Friday, so that I can start back up. I tweaked my monthly plan and as a result, I will still reach my planned volume for the month, but I will lose 3 quality sessions (2 I-3 intervals and 1 I-4 sessions). Hopefully this is the first and last sick period this season. I take fairly extreme precautions, but somehow those little germs must have slipped by my defenses. :)

As always - GI GASS!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Stormcrowe said...

God dag Mags! Thought I'd drop by and say hello! Looks like you are doing well!

19:09  
Blogger mags said...

Tom,

Nice of you to stop by. I'm doing alright, thanks for asking.

Mags

12:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home